What Was Your Most Memorable Valentine’s Day?

Hello Cardinal Newman! When people think of February celebrating Valentine’s Day with a significant other often comes to mind, but as Newman students have experienced there are other ways to make the holiday special.
Cassidy T. Sophomore: “My favorite Valentine’s Day was when I was 6 and my dad bought me two rose bouquets and a stuffed lion”
Iliana P. Sophomore: “This last Valentines Day.”
Jaiden W. Sophomore: “It was probably Valentine’s Day in 7th grade when my grade class did a
gift swap together.”
Brittney S. Sophomore: “It would definitely be 2023, because my dad bought me flowers and chocolate, as well as my friend celebrating Valentines Day with me.”
Anonymous: “My favorite Valentine’s Day was this year because it was the first year I actually had a real valentine and we got to hang out all day and had a really great time exchanging gifts and everything.”
Joey I. Senior: “My favorite Valentine’s Day was when I got a free donut from Dunkin’ Donuts in 2020 before the world ended from Covid.”
Tyler H. Sophomore: “My favorite part of Valentine’s Day is buying heart shaped sour patch gummies with my friends.”

Anonymous: “I don’t know I’ve never had a good, memorable valentines day. Never had a girlfriend or been in a relationship with anyone during that time, my parents bought me chocolates though.”
Izzy H. Sophomore: “My favorite Valentines ever was when I was 10 and when I woke up my mom had made heart shaped pancakes and gave us candy.”
Anonymous: “When my girlfriend got me legos.”
Josh M. Sophomore: “I’ve never celebrated a Valentine’s Day in my life.”
Nick S. Sophomore: “In 2nd grade when my crush gave me a valentine.”
Niki A. Sophomore: “Last year when my parents bought me flowers and chocolate.” Ava S. Sophomore: “Any Valentines Day where I get good candy.”
Matthew C. Senior: “My favorite part of Valentines is taking my mom out for dinner.”
Although not every Newman student got to celebrate the day with a special someone, the Blue and Gold hopes that the entire student body found a unique way to share love and happiness to their friends, teammates, and family this past Valentine’s Day.