Welcome Week!

Welcome+Week%21

Two weeks ago was the start of the 2022-2023 Welcome Week! Throughout the week, Newman hosted several events to welcome new and returning students to school.

To start off the week, donuts were given out to the students in the morning provided by the student government. Students were able to get a donut before homeroom as a special morning treat to kick off the school year!

The next event was a Kona Ice truck on campus after school on Tuesday. Students were able to buy an icie of their choice and hang out with their friends while enjoying their refreshments. Students were also able to purchase one at Friday night’s football game.

During Wednesday’s lunch block, the student government distributed cookies as a delightful gift to welcome everyone back. 

On Thursday, the school hosted a spike ball tournament. Several teams competed against each other to be crowned winner and be able to play at the Pep Rally. The two winners were Quinn Brown and Drew Shiell, both Juniors. 

Lastly, on Friday a Pep Rally was hosted for the students. At the Pep Rally games were played such as tug-a-war, musical chairs, and a final spike ball game. Everyone had a great time cheering for their classmates to win. The winners of the Tug-a-war was the Senior class, musical chairs winner was Grant Hugus, and the final spike ball game winners were Luke Warnock and Christopher Presto.

On Friday night, the crusader football team kicked off the season playing Jupiter Christian and winning 63-7! There was a Kona Ice truck present at the game, allowing students to enjoy refreshments while watching the game. 

As the first month of school comes to a close, we look forward to a wonderful rest of the school year!